Forge new concepts. Form great ideas. Harness your organisation’s corporate energy in awe-inspiring volcanic surroundings.
Akureyri the largest urban centre outside the Reykavík area is a centre of commerce, services and culture. The town creates an ideal frame for meetings and conferences.
Two new impressive conference facilities were recently opened in the heart of the town www.menningarhus.is and one at the University of Akureyri www.unak.is . In addition many good meeting facilities and
conference halls can be found centrally in hotels and restaurants.
Akureyri is situated at the base of the fjord Eyjarfjörður and is surrounded by high mountains. The climate is mild throughout the year even though it is close to the Arctic Circle. The selection of activities and sights in Akureyri is large and many of Iceland’s natural landmarks are close by.
- Largest urban centre outside the Reykjavík area
- Ideal location for conferences, conventions and meetings
- Regional centre for commerce, services and culture
- Many outstanding natural landmarks within easy reach
- Whale watching, white water rafting, bathing in natural hot springs and much more
- Popular tourist destination
- 24-hour daylight in summer with midnight golf
- Winter skiing on the best slopes in Iceland