Subscribe to our mailinglist
An English travel agency is now offering direct flights to Akureyri to discover Iceland's Arctic North. Return flights from eleven regional airports in the UK. 3 or 4 nights' hotel stay with transfers and two amazing excursions included. It's surely worth the while to check out the prices.
- Art Exhibition - Hrönn Einarsdóttir at Gallerý LAK, Glerártorg - kl. 09:00
- Into the Arctic - Exhibition open - kl. 10:00
- Municipal Library open - kl. 10:00
- Akureyri Museum open - kl. 13:00
- Akureyri Art Museum: Tuesday lecture - Georg Óskar - kl. 17:00
- Skautahöllin: Hockey women's league Ynjur vs Ásynjur - kl. 19:30
- Akureyri Swimming Pool open
- Balance-Unbalanced - Rúrí in Akureyri Art Museum, Ketilhús
- Hof Cultural Center: Exhibition "Polish Posters under Northern Lights"
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.
Iceland Airwaves is expanding to Akureyri for the first time, giving international and local music lovers the opportunity to enjoy the festival in three ways: you can buy a ticket for the whole four day Reykjavík festival or the two day Akureyri festival, or even do a combination of the two, attending 2nd–3rd November at Akureyri then flying to Reykjavík for the 4th–5th November. Click here for more info.