Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
One of the most popular site for hiking and outdoor recreation in North-Iceland. In Kjarnaskógur Woods you will find playgrounds for children, volleyball court, barbecue facilities, moutain bike path and wonderful hiking trails, some leading up to Súlur Mountain.
- Akureyri Art Museum: Sovereignty Revisited, outdoor exhibition
- Blueberry Music Festival in Ólafsfjörður
- Botanical Garden: "Life" photography exhibition by ÁLFkonur - kl. 08:00
- Akureyri Art Museum: Aníta Hirlekar - Pink & Green - kl. 10:00
- Akureyri Art Summer: Artmoney Nord exhibition at the Library - kl. 10:00
- Safnasafnið, Svalbarðsströnd: Exhibition Safnasafnið 2018 - kl. 10:00
- The Toy Museum open - kl. 13:00
- Akureyri Art Museum: Guided tour through Aníta Hirlekar's exhibition Pink & Green - kl. 15:30
- Hlíðarfjall: Summer activities - kl. 10:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.