Subscribe to our mailinglist
Hrísey is the second largest island in Iceland: Paved streets in the small village, tidy gardens and an outstanding view of the surrounding mountains. The ferry, Sævar, sails between Hrísey and the mainland village of Ásskógssandur. The journey only takes about 15 minutes.
- Advent festival
- Art Exhibition "Loksins engin orð" by Halldór Ragnarsson at Hof
- From Co-op Street to Art Street at Akureyri Art Museum
- Selected works from Akureyri Art Museum's Collection
- Into the Arctic - Exhibition open - kl. 10:00
- Elín Pjet. Bjarnason - Light Beyond / Light of Spirit at Akureyri Art Museum - kl. 12:00
- Fathom by Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir at Akureyri Art Museum - kl. 12:00
- I'm notreallyinterested in anythinggreaterthan life by Knut Eckstein at Akureyri Art Museum - kl. 12:00
- Marzena Skubatz - HEIMAt at Akureyri Art Museum - kl. 12:00
Visitors coming to Akureyri during Christmas and New Year can enjoy the festive celebrations of the holidays along with colourful Christmas lights & decorations. New Year´s Eve is greatly celebrated in Iceland and you can attend the town bonfire and watch a fantastic firework display that lights up the night sky above the town.