Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
One of the most popular site for hiking and outdoor recreation in North-Iceland. In Kjarnaskógur Woods you will find playgrounds for children, volleyball court, barbecue facilities, mountain bike path and wonderful hiking trails, some leading up to Súlur Mountain.
- Skautahöllin (Ice Skating Rink) open - kl. 13:00
- Art exhibition "Rauður þráður" at Mjólkurbúðin and Deiglan - kl. 14:00
- Art exhibition in Hof - Brynhildur Kristinsdóttir
- Expressions - Confederation of Labour Art Collection at Akureyri Art Museum
- From Co-op Street to Art Street at Akureyri Art Museum
- Ideas by Hjördís Frímann & Magnús Helgason at Akureyri Art Museum
- On thin ice - Photography exhibition at University of Akureyri
- Selected works from Akureyri Art Museum's Collection
- University of Akureyri: "Greenland's external relations" - kl. 12:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.