The 25th of April 2019 is ' Museum Day ' in Eyjafjord. The numerous and interesting museums in the fjord organize different programs and open their doors collectively to the public. The theme is “travelling”. The following museums and exhibitions are open from 13.00 - 17.00, free of charge;
These Museums will be open on 25th April:
Siglufjörður: The Herring Era Museum and Folk Music Center.
Dalvík: District Museum Hvoll
Hrísey: The House of Shark Jörundur
Akureyri: - The Municipal Library of Akureyri from 12.30-14.30
- Into the Arctic exhibition,
- Davíð Stefánsson Memorial Museum,
- The Icelandic Aviation Museum,
- The Akureyri Industrial Museum,
- The Icelandic Motorcycle Museum,
- An Antique Collection of Toys on Display in Friðbjarnarhúsi,
- Akureyri Art Museum,
- Akureyri Museum and Nonni's House.
Eyjafjarðarsveit: Sverrir Hermannsson's Sundry Collection Sólgarði
Grýtubakkahreppur: The Old Farmhouse Laufás, The Grenivík Fisheries Museum.
More info; www.minjasafnid.is