The Nonni House was the childhood home of the writer and Jesuit priest Jón Sveinsson, who used the pen name Nonni. The house was built in 1850 and is today one of Akureyri´s oldest buildings. It serves as a memorial museum where Nonni´s books are preserved in such diverse languages as Chinese and Esperanto. Various Nonni books can be bought in several languages at the museum.
Tel: 462 3555/462 4162
Akureyri Museum website for info
Open daily 10.00-17.00 from 1 June until 1 October and daily 13.00-16.00 from 2 October - 31 May. Closed 24-25 December and January 1. To get there: 20-30 min. walk south from town center. By bus: Take bus number 5 or 6, go out by Akureyri Museum.