Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
One of the most popular site for hiking and outdoor recreation in North-Iceland. In Kjarnaskógur Woods you will find playgrounds for children, volleyball court, barbecue facilities, moutain bike path and wonderful hiking trails, some leading up to Súlur Mountain.
- Hof Culture Center: Documentary about women´s football team in Akureyri - kl. 20:00
- Græni Hatturinn: Concert with Kristjana Stefáns and Svavar Knútur - kl. 21:00
- Akureyri Art Museum: Sovereignty Revisited, outdoor exhibition
- Medieval Trading Weekend at Gásir
- Botanical Garden: "Life" photography exhibition by ÁLFkonur - kl. 08:00
- Akureyri Art Museum: Aníta Hirlekar - Pink & Green - kl. 10:00
- Safnasafnið, Svalbarðsströnd: Exhibition Safnasafnið 2018 - kl. 10:00
- The Toy Museum open - kl. 13:00
- Akureyri Art Summer: Exhibition in Deiglan by Jóna Bergdal - kl. 17:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.