Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
One of the most popular site for hiking and outdoor recreation in North-Iceland. In Kjarnaskógur Woods you will find playgrounds for children, volleyball court, barbecue facilities, moutain bike path and wonderful hiking trails, some leading up to Súlur Mountain.
- Akureyri Art Museum: Aðalheiður S. Eysteinsdóttir - Reflecting on Energy
- Akureyri Art Museum: Expressions - Confederation of Labour Art Collection
- Akureyri Art Museum: From Co-op Street to Art Street
- Akureyri Art Museum: Hjördís Frímann & Magnús Helgason - Ideas
- Akureyri Art Museum: Selected works from Akureyri Art Museum's Collection
- Akureyri Art Museum: Sigurður Árni Sigurðsson - Drifting Surfaces
- Berg, Dalvík: Exhibition "Parafraser" - Anni Bloch
- Municipal Library: Art exhibition by Salman Ezzammoury
- Akureyri Touring Club: Short hike, guided in Icelandic - kl. 18:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.