Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
An English travel agency is now offering direct flights to Akureyri to discover Iceland's Arctic North. Return flights from eleven regional airports in the UK. 3 or 4 nights' hotel stay with transfers and two amazing excursions included. It's surely worth the while to check out the prices.
- Christmas Card making at The Municipal Library of Akureyri - kl. 16:30
- Akureyri Swimming Pool open
- Hof Cultural Center: Art exhibition "Endurtekningar" by Helga Sigríður
- Art Exhibition - Hrönn Einarsdóttir at Gallerý LAK, Glerártorg - kl. 09:00
- Into the Arctic - Exhibition open - kl. 10:00
- Municipal Library open - kl. 10:00
- Akureyri Museum open - kl. 13:00
- Ice Skating Hall open - kl. 13:00
- Skautahöllin: Ice Skating Disco - kl. 19:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.
Iceland Airwaves is expanding to Akureyri for the first time, giving international and local music lovers the opportunity to enjoy the festival in three ways: you can buy a ticket for the whole four day Reykjavík festival or the two day Akureyri festival, or even do a combination of the two. Click here for more info. You can also check it out on Facebook.