Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
An English travel agency is now offering direct flights to Akureyri to discover Iceland's Arctic North. Return flights from eleven regional airports in the UK. 3 or 4 nights' hotel stay with transfers and two amazing excursions included. It's surely worth the while to check out the prices.
- Græni Hatturinn: Concert with the band Í Svörtum Fötum - kl. 22:00
- Hof Cultural Center: Icelandic theatre-musical "Fruit basket" in Icelandic
- Open in Hlíðarfjall Ski Resort
- Ski Bus: To Hlidarfjall at 09.00 & 12.00, From Hlidarfjall at 13.00, 15.00 & 16.10
- Into the Arctic - Exhibition open - kl. 11:00
- Akureyri Museum open - kl. 13:00
- Ice Skating Hall open - kl. 13:00
- KA Sports Hall: Volleyball men's league, KA vs HK - kl. 13:00
- Boginn Sports Hall: Football women's league, Þór/KA vs Valur - kl. 15:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.