Subscribe to our mailinglist
Hrísey is the second largest island in Iceland: Paved streets in the small village, tidy gardens and an outstanding view of the surrounding mountains. The ferry, Sævar, sails between Hrísey and the mainland village of Ásskógssandur. The journey only takes about 15 minutes.
- Handball men's league, Þór vs FH U at Íþróttahöllin Sports Hall - kl. 19:30
- Candle light evening in Town Center - kl. 20:00
- Last Nail at Kaktus - kl. 20:00
- Christmas concert - Prins Jóló at Græni Hatturinn - kl. 21:00
- Live music - Viljar Niu at Akureyri Backpackers - kl. 21:30
- Christmas Concert "Norðurljósin" at Hof Cultural Center - kl. 22:00
- Advent festival
- Art Exhibition "Loksins engin orð" by Halldór Ragnarsson at Hof
- From Co-op Street to Art Street at Akureyri Art Museum
Visitors coming to Akureyri during Christmas and New Year can enjoy the festive celebrations of the holidays along with colourful Christmas lights & decorations. New Year´s Eve is greatly celebrated in Iceland and you can attend the town bonfire and watch a fantastic firework display that lights up the night sky above the town.