Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
An English travel agency is now offering direct flights to Akureyri to discover Iceland's Arctic North. Return flights from eleven regional airports in the UK. 3 or 4 nights' hotel stay with transfers and two amazing excursions included. It's surely worth the while to check out the prices.
- Akureyri Museum open - kl. 13:00
- Open in Hlíðarfjall Ski Resort
- Into the Arctic - Exhibition open - kl. 10:00
- Municipal Library open - kl. 10:00
- Akureyri Church open - kl. 13:00
- Græni Hatturinn: "Divas" concert with Jónína Björt and guests - kl. 21:00
- Ski Bus: To Hlidarfjall at 12.00 & 14.00, From Hlidarfjall 15.00 & 19.10
- Ice Skating Hall open - kl. 13:00
- Skautahöllin: Ice Skating Disco - kl. 19:00
This small and intimate music venue is famous all over Iceland and thought to be one of the best in the country. Icelandic musicians think highly of the place and frequently want to play here. A good concert at The Green Hat is an experience music lovers will not easily forget.