Subscribe to our mailinglist
Orbis et Globus (Circle and Sphere) in Grímsey Island is an artwork that was placed on the Arctic Circle in 2017. It is a 3m diameter globe that will follow the fluctuating North-South part of the Arctic Circle until it leaves the island.
THE ARCTIC COAST WAY
The Arctic Coast Way is Iceland’s first-ever tourist route. It is 900 km long and takes in 21 villages and 18 municipalities – stretching along the coast and around the peninsulas of North Iceland. The route was selected one of Lonely Planet's top 10 European destinations for 2019.
- Akureyri Art Museum: TALK TO ME! - kl. 10:00
- Akureyri Museum open - kl. 10:00
- Húni II - Old oak boat open for visitors - kl. 10:00
- Into the Arctic - Exhibition open - kl. 10:00
- DJ Vélarnar at Municipal Library - Akureyri Art Summer - kl. 12:00
- Art exhibition "How's it going? After Godard" at Verksmiðjan Hjalteyri - kl. 14:00
- JÁ Jazz quartet at Deiglan - Akureyri Art Summer - kl. 20:30
- From Co-op Street to Art Street at Akureyri Art Museum
- Ideas by Hjördís Frímann & Magnús Helgason at Akureyri Art Museum
Akureyri Art Summer 2019 takes place from June 24th until July 31st. On the menu are concerts with pop and rock, classical music, visual Art, exhibitions, various happenings and outdoor Art.