Go back

Nonnahús - Jón Sveinsson Memorial Museum

Aðalstræti 54
IS-600 Akureyri
Tel: (+354) 462 3555 / 462 4162
Akureyri Museum website for info  

The Nonni House was the childhood home of the writer and Jesuit priest Jón Sveinsson, who used the pen name Nonni. The house was built in 1850 and is one of Akureyri´s oldest buildings. It serves as a memorial museum where Nonni´s books are preserved in such diverse languages as Chinese and Esperanto. Various Nonni books can be bought in several languages at the museum.

Opening hours:
Open daily 10 - 17 from June 1st until October 1st and daily 13 - 16 from October 2nd - May 31st. Closed December 24-25 and January 1.

To get there: 20 - 30 min. walk south from town center. By bus: Take bus number 5 or 6, go out by Akureyri Museum.